Thursday 22 January 2015

Jennifer’s Robot Arm
An absurdist comedy in two short acts
by Paul Vickers
Scene 2
We are inside Jennifer’s dream. Fairground music is heard.
dreamlike lights inside a carriage of a train. Jennifer, adorned with a robot arm sits happily on a seat as landscapes flit past the window.
JENNIFER
I’m on the train. Pretzels. I love Pretzels and they wrap so neatly round my robot arm. A giant silohette of ’The Inventor’ hovers over Jennifer.
The train whistles
THE INVENTOR (O.S)
You’re going to be a star Jennifer; this is it you’ve arrived. Anywhere I can plant our tepee the freaks will perform. I would dearly love you to rehearse the black forest steam train routine with me. You will pretend to be the piston pulling a train of clowns through the idyllic German countryside....toot toot puff puff toot toot.
JENNIFER
I just love hot butter on Pretzels.
THE INVENTOR (O.S)
Are you listening to me darling?
JENNIFER
Yes yes toot tooot puff puff.
THE INVENTOR (O.S)
Good. I also have an arm wrestling challenge for you to partake in. We ask the strongest men and most able lad’s in the village to challenge you to an arm wrestle. You will win hands down the power of your new arm is like a hundred metal fists punching through the steam clouds on a factory floor.
JENNIFER
Toot puff toot puff.
Helped along by the mysterious Svengali Simon Jay
COMING SOON IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM
Twonkey in the royal box before inspiration struck:

No comments:

Post a Comment